Childhood anxiety can be caused by any number of things. It can be from obvious stress and trauma or it can be as insidious as from just watching family members modeling it. The effects can range from mild to severe. As a parent, it can be gut-wrenching to watch your child have an anxiety attack and feel helpless when you can't do anything to help. This is where the 'Childhood Anxiety Islamic Parenting Pack' can help.
This Childhood Anxiety Parenting Pack is not a book but it is 38 pages full of checklists, templates and printables to help you help your child with anxiety. This is for when you feel helpless and don’t know what to do.
It takes you from identifying your child’s anxiety and symptoms to helping your child deal with those symptoms and changing thoughts and behaviours. There are instructions with each checklists and templates on what to do so it’s easy to follow and do.
The Childhood Anxiety Islamic Parenting Pack contains different sections on what to do. It follows three steps that contain these ways to help your anxious child:
1. Ways to help your child calm down.
2. Ways to help your child identify unhelpful thoughts, feelings and behaviours associated with the anxiety.
3. Ways to help your child challenge and change distorted thoughts to more helpful thoughts.
4. Ways to help your child act differently by finding alternative solutions.
5. Ways to help your child persist in the solution.
6. Ways to help your child evaluate whether the solution is helping or not.
7. Ways to help you make dua for your child and help your child make dua to ask Allah for help.
When you follow these steps, they should help your child's anxiety. It follows Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) which seeks to identify thoughts, feelings and behaviours associated with a particular situation and changing it. (I have a certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, in case you're wondering.)
This is the first step to help empower you. For more serious cases or if the problem persists then please seek professional help.
I pray that this pack will help you and your child find ease and a cure for their anxiety.