Every winter (my summer) I get these constant cachings on my phone to say that another one of these has been sold. It's my most popular product on my teacherpayteachers shop.
What it is, is an ebook on 10 art or crafts to make with a winter theme.It's for children 2 to 6 years old. The crafts or art vary in level of difficulty.
I thought I'd write about it here just in case you don't know about it...and I've included one of the craft activity here free for you to download and do with your child or students (I've also included a lesson below).
1. Ask children which clothes do we wear in winter. Show children some pictures or actual different types of clothing. Hold each one up and ask when do we wear this? Or you can have children sort them into two piles of summer and winter.
2. Hold up the summer pile and ask, why do we wear these in summer? Do the same with winter. Talk about the length and the fabrics used. Talk about how the think winter fabrics keep us warm.
3. Do the jumper craft.
1. Download the jumper template.
2. Print onto paper.
3. Children apply glue to the entire jumper.
4. Children lay pieces of winter fabrics or yarn over the glue.
5. Optional: Cut our when dry and use it to decorate walls.
If you like it hen please get the book.